December 2, 2010

Christ Centered Christmas

Today I studied the references found in the Topical Guide under Jesus Christ, Light of the World.  There are many references to Jesus being the light of the world.  Psalms 27:1, John 9:5, etc.  The more I read about him being the light of the world, the more I thought about what this means.  Light Illuminates our paths, makes darkness flee, and helps others to see the way as well.  A couple of scriptures that helped me to realize this are found in John 8:12 which says that he is the light and Matthew 5:14-16 which says that we are the light of the world.  
Jesus Christ is the ultimate light of the world and we are able to see our path back home to our Heavenly Father because of him.  We too can be lights in the world and let our examples shine to others.  One more scripture that I love is when Thomas asks the Lord how they can know the way when Christ if gone.  Jesus responds and says I am the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).  I love this analogy and have a better understanding of what the scriptures mean.  I am glad that I am able to be a light to the world in these times of darkness.  I am also glad to follow the path shown by the master who made it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...