May 5, 2011

I 'knead' thee every hour

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." -John 6:35

Jesus Christ is mentioned as the bread of life multiple times in the scripturesMy favorite comparison is found in the 6th chapter of John.  Here Jesus is talking to the Jews about the Manna that was provided for their fathers in the wilderness.  Jesus proclaims in verse 48 that He is "that bread of life."  He then goes on to explain that "if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.


I was listening to the song "I Need Thee Every Hour" the other day when I thought of replacing the 'need' with 'knead.'  This made me laugh at first, but then I thought of the correlation of the song with the actual meaning.  The chorus of the song says:
"I need thee, O I need thee; 
every hour I need thee; 
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee."
Kneading is an importance process in making bread and is necessary for mixing the ingredients and adding strength to the dough.  'Kneading' our Savior does the same thing for us.  It adds spiritual strength to us as we are pulled and stretched in different ways.  Yes, I know this blog was a stretch as well, but you get the point.  We 'knead' our Savior and we 'knead' to eat the bread of life in order to gain eternal life.  Let us all come unto Christ by living His Gospel.

For more Daily Bread, check out Elder Davis' blog:

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I was in prayer just this morning and this same revelation fell on me in regards to need (knead).
    Indeed he is the bread of life!!!!!
    I love how God confirms his revelations in the body!
    I am so very grateful that you posted this!
    It confirms that I heard the spirit of the Lord clearly!
    Bless you fellow brother in Christ!
    To God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...