January 6, 2011

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ

Fundamental to our beliefs as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is our belief in the Book of Mormon.  This book is miraculous in nature and has many insights on the principles of Jesus Christ.  Joseph Smith Jr. translated and published this ancient-American record in March 1830.  It is a record of a people that populated the American continent and covers their history from around 600 B.C. to approximately 421 A.D.   The climax of the Book of Mormon is found in the middle of the record when Jesus Christ appears to the people there soon after being resurrected.  Reading from and pondering the Book of Mormon will increase your faith in Jesus Christ as well as an increase your desire and ability to follow His teachings.  You can find out for yourself that the truths taught in the Book of Mormon are true by asking God.  What do you have to lose?  I have asked my Father in Heaven if this record is true and He has answered my prayer.  I have enjoyed the peace that this brings into my life.  This is why I have sacrificed two years of my life: to share what I have learned with others.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that living the teachings contained therein will bring greater happiness in this life as well as in the life to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...