July 16, 2011

The End

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."  -Ecclesiastes 3:1


This morning I finished packing my suitcases, just as I had a little over two years ago.  What has changed since then?  Some of the shirts are stained and some of the pants are torn, but is that all?  I don't think I can name all of the changes and differences that have occurred since then.  I also think that it would be impossible to sum up this great experience in a little blog post.  What I can say is that I have had a lot of little experiences that have made up my mission.  These experiences have shaped me into the person that I am today.

like stones in the river
we are tossed and turned
when the current moves so strong
but stones in living waters over time
are shaped until the edges are gone
polished and smooth, that's what we will be
if we put ourselves in god's hands
each day of our lives is a gift from the giver
to smooth all the edges
like stones in the river


I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives for the better.  I know that living the principles taught by the Savior will help shape us into the great beings that we have the potential of becoming.  Living these principles will greatly improve the quality of our lives and help us find peace and joy in this life.  Being a missionary has helped me see this perspective even closer and I am ever so grateful for the many experiences I have had.  I am also thankful for the many people I have met and for their testimonies that have strengthened my own.

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Elder Weight, I will miss your blog posts. Thank you for your faithful service to the Lord's children.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...